Subject: [B20] Binutils - [B21] Binutils
From: [email-masked] (Ralph Hempel)

8 Dec 1998 13:39:27 -0800
Message-ID: <002f01be22b3$8ac1ce40$5957fea9.cygnus.gnu-win32@pro150>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

My problem with B20 was that configure did not recurse
down the source tree for BINUTILS 2.9.1 - a well known
problem. I'm makeing a cross compiler for the H8300 micro.

B21 lets configure do its thing, but now the make stops
when building srconv.c with

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccQJeqT6.o(.text+0x6194):srconv.c: undefined reference to `bfd_f
atal'
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ccQJeqT6.o(.text+0x61a8):srconv.c: undefined reference to `bfd_c
heck_format_matches'

<snipped more of the same>

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Looks like ld is being called before any of the other .o files have been
generated. I've used MKS Toolkit for years now, but I REALLY don't want
to mess with scripts for source that should pretty much compile itself.

I'll start moving Cygnus to another WIN95 development machine and use a more
standard tree structure.

If anyone has any bright ideas, please let us know...and I'll keep you
posted on my progress.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

------------------------------------------------------
The train stops at the train station,
The bus stops at the bus station,
So why am I sitting at a work station?
------------------------------------------------------
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com
------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".