Subject: Porting eggdrop 1.3.xx
From: [email-masked] (Hugo Leote)

7 Dec 1998 14:09:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: GNU Win32 <[email-masked]>

I'm one step away from compiling eggdrop1.3.22 sucessfully with cygwin32.
Unfortunately I still get the following linking problem:

*****************************************

Linking eggdrop...(statically)

gcc -o ../eggdrop botcmd.o botmsg.o botnet.o chanprog.o cmds.o dcc.o dccutil.o f
lags.o language.o main.o mem.o misc.o modules.o net.o tcl.o tcldcc.o tclhash.o t
clmisc.o tcluser.o userent.o userrec.o users.o -L/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwi
n32/lib -ltcl80 -lm  mod/*.o
mod/server.o: In function `tcl_eggserver':
/cygnus/cygwin-b20/src/eggdrop1.3.22-pide/src/mod/server.mod/server.c:543:
 undefined reference to `Tcl_DStringInit'
/cygnus/cygwin-b20/src/eggdrop1.3.22-pide/src/mod/server.mod/server.c:548:
 undefined reference to `Tcl_DStringAppendElement'
/cygnus/cygwin-b20/src/eggdrop1.3.22-pide/src/mod/server.mod/server.c:552:
 undefined reference to `Tcl_DStringFree'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [static] Error 1
make: *** [static] Error 2

******************************************

So far, I've been unable to find out why these three TCL functions are not
recognized because they appear to be included in libtcl80.a .
I'm using cygwin32 b20.1 .

Anyone ever suffered from this ?
I know there are already compiled eggdrop ports in ftp.sodre.net/ports,
but I need to change the nickname max length because of my IRC network.

Thanks in advance,
Hugo

,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,
|      Hugo Leote                                           /
|      [email-masked]                           /
|      Electronics & Computers Engineering Student         \
|      IST - Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbon, Portugal   \
`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".