Subject: 2 questions: ICMP and system
From: [email-masked] (Arne Vajhøj)

7 Dec 1998 12:15:28 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

System: Windows 95 OSR2 + Cygwin B19 with patch and EGCS 1.1 (standard
installation).

1)  socket(AF_INET,SOCK_RAW,IPPROTO_ICMP) does not work for me (I get
    a protocol not supported errno)

    The code works on another platform (it basicly uses the same
    algorithm as the original Mike Muss Ping code - it is just
    C++ instead of C and sligthly simpler in functionality).

    Is it a problem with with Cygwin ?  Is it a problem with
    Windows95 WINSOCK ? (if that - how does the Windows Ping programs
    work ?) Or do I have to look for a bug in my code ? (no warnings
    and that it does work on another platform is no guarantee that
    the code is correct)

2)  Are there a simple way of getting system to use DOS instead
    of bash ?

    (even though I like Unix emulation, then I may still want to execute
    a native DOS command)

Arne

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".