Subject: 2 problems with B20.1: cp -p and CTRL-Z
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

6 Dec 1998 13:51:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI 1.9.0 - "Isurugi")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: Cygnus <[email-masked]>

Hi

I still encountered two problems with B20.1:

o In B19 after starting a find / and pressing CTRZ-Z I got the
  following:

  o in Bash  ---> Bash hangs
  o in Rxvt  ---> see below

vzell:/tmp> find /
/
/bin
/bin/4nt.exe
/bin/4nt.fts
/bin/4nt.gid
/bin/4nt.hlp
/bin/ash.exe
/bin/bash.exe
/bin/cat
/bin/cmd
/bin/cp
/bin/csh
/bin/cygenv.bat
/bin/cygenv20.bat
/bin/cygnus.bat
/bin/cygnus20.bat
/bin/cygrxvt.bat
/bin/cygxemacs.bat                                            
                      :
		      :
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/cygwin32/ip.h
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/cygwin32/socket.h
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/cygwin32/sockios.h

[1]+  Stopped                 find /
vzell:/tmp>                                       

o In B20.1 Bash hangs in both !! cases.
   
------------------------------------------------------------

o There is still this stange behaviour with cp -p

vzell:/temp> touch 10101010 asdf
vzell:/temp> ll
total 1
drwxr-xr-x   2 vzell    everyone        0 Dec  6 11:56 ./
drwxr-xr-x  15 vzell    everyone        0 Dec  6 11:56 ../
-rw-r--r--   1 vzell    admin           0 Oct 10 10:10 asdf
vzell:/temp> chmod 444 asdf
vzell:/temp> ll
total 1
drwxr-xr-x   2 vzell    everyone        0 Dec  6 11:56 ./
drwxr-xr-x  15 vzell    everyone        0 Dec  6 11:56 ../
-r--r--r--   1 vzell    admin           0 Oct 10 10:10 asdf
vzell:/temp> cp asdf fdsa1
vzell:/temp> ll
total 1
drwxr-xr-x   2 vzell    everyone        0 Dec  6 11:56 ./
drwxr-xr-x  15 vzell    everyone        0 Dec  6 11:56 ../
-r--r--r--   1 vzell    admin           0 Dec  6 11:56 fdsa1
-r--r--r--   1 vzell    admin           0 Oct 10 10:10 asdf
vzell:/temp> cp -p asdf fdsa2                                     <--- 10 seconds delay
cp: fdsa2: Permission denied
vzell:/temp> ll
total 1
drwxr-xr-x   2 vzell    everyone        0 Dec  6 11:57 ./
drwxr-xr-x  15 vzell    everyone        0 Dec  6 11:57 ../
-r--r--r--   1 vzell    admin           0 Dec  6 11:56 fdsa1
-r--r--r--   1 vzell    admin           0 Oct 10 10:10 asdf
-rw-------   1 vzell    admin           0 Oct 10 10:10 fdsa2

Otherwise, great job, the annoying CTRL-C bug seems to be gone.

Ciao
  Volker

-- 
___________________________________________________________________________

   "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse ..."

                                                 Dr. Volker Zell
      __ /  _  /  __  / ___/  /    ___/          -- Senior Dozent --
     /  /  /__/  /_  / /     /    __/            Oracle Germany
   ____/__/ _|__/ __/____/ ____/____/            Paul-Thomas-Str.58 
                                                 D-40599 D|sseldorf
   e-Mail: mailto:[email-masked]
   WWW:    http://trgsund4.de.oracle.com/
   Tel:    (+49) 211-74839-414                   
   Fax:    (+49) 211-74839-44
___________________________________________________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily 
represent those of Oracle Corporation.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".