Subject: configuration opacity for utter beginner
From: [email-masked] (Ahlsen-Girard, Edward)

4 Dec 1998 23:59:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'Cygwin Mailing List'" <[email-masked]>

OK, I'm stumped.  I am a non-C programmer wishing to learn C++, and I have
tried Cygwin.  However, I have not compiled anything successfully, not even
hello world.  I am certain that I have paths/variables/options improperly
set, but I have no clue as to which of them are wrong.  I have read a LOT of
faqs, and they don't clarify anything in MY (alleged) mind.  I get the
impression that a greaat deal of knowledge I do not possess is being
assumed.  I would be overjoyed to learn that I have overlooked something
very simple-minded.

Is this a fool's errand?  Should I be trying to do this as a tyro at all, or
should I get a different compiler whose install/configuration doesn't assume
I already know what I'm doing?

Ed Ahlsen-Girard            [email-masked]     46TS OG/OGET
Lead Network Engineer  850-882-2350x3240    205 West D Avenue
TYBRIN Corporation       DSN:872-2350x3240   Suite 628 Bldg 350
Lan Integration              FAX: 850-882-5594      Eglin AFB, FL 32542
http://www.tybrin.com   http://www.mission-planning.eglin.af.mil/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".