Subject: Program crashes when multiple sockets are open.
From: [email-masked] (Andrew M. Bishop)

2 Dec 1998 10:26:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I have a web proxy/server program written for UNIX that I have ported
to Win32 using the Cygwin beta-20 library.

When running on Windows 95 (not OSR2) it crashes a lot, but only in
situations where there is more than one socket open at the same time.

This is not a problem with the program since it runs on WinNT4
correctly and on Linux and other Linux-like operating systems.

I have been through the FAQ and cannot find any reference to this
problem, there is one message on the mailing list archive for November
that lists a similar problem, but there is no follow-up information.

The error message that I am getting is this one:

-------------------- wwwoffled error message --------------------
[main] C:\WWWOFFLE\BIN\WWWOFFLED.EXE 1088 (0) _read: WaitForMultipleObjects failed, error 288
[main] WWWOFFLED 1088 (1) handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] WWWOFFLED 1088 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to WWWOFFLED.EXE.core
-------------------- wwwoffled error message --------------------

With the corresponding core dump:

-------------------- wwwoffled.exe.core --------------------
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) exception: trapped!
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) exception: code 0xC0000005 at 0x6102E603
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) exception: ax 0xFFFFFFFC bx 0x25AFA28 cx 0x25C0A00 dx 0xBFFBF9E0
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (1) exception: si 0x0 di 0x25C09E0 bp 0x25AFB08 sp 0x25AFA0C
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) exception: exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: Stack trace:
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 0: sp = 0x25AF804, pc = 0x610098A0
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 1: sp = 0x25AF840, pc = 0xBFF7663C
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 2: sp = 0x25AF864, pc = 0xBFF859D9
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 3: sp = 0x25AF8FC, pc = 0xFFECBAD7
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 4: sp = 0x25AFB08, pc = 0x61050B08
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 5: sp = 0x25AFB1C, pc = 0x427258
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 6: sp = 0x25AFB48, pc = 0x42717F
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 7: sp = 0x25AFB80, pc = 0x40F1DC
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 8: sp = 0x25AFBAC, pc = 0x401CB9
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 9: sp = 0x25AFC74, pc = 0x6100438A
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 10: sp = 0x25AFE00, pc = 0x610043A8
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 11: sp = 0x25AFE0C, pc = 0x42A3DA
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 12: sp = 0x25AFE1C, pc = 0x40103A
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 13: sp = 0x25AFE38, pc = 0xBFF88F75
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 14: sp = 0x25AFF78, pc = 0xBFF88E23
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: frame 15: sp = 0x25AFFF4, pc = 0xBFF8783F
[main] WWWOFFLED 1006 (0) stack: End of stack trace (more stack frames may be present)
-------------------- wwwoffled.exe.core --------------------

If anybody is interested in the program, the source and cygnus-win32
binary versions can be downloaded from the following two web-pages.

http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/wwwoffle/version-2.3/download.html
http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/wwwoffle/version-2.3/win32-download.html

-- 
Andrew.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew M. Bishop                             [email-masked]
                                      http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".