Subject: (none)
From: [email-masked] (Jack A Walker)

1 Dec 1998 08:09:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; 
	Boundary="0__=ePSgqsWZuo9lIYBcCkO6nPQiK000SmNi1sSap1DfngQJ0XGC8vHu1XKK"
To: [email-masked]

--0__=ePSgqsWZuo9lIYBcCkO6nPQiK000SmNi1sSap1DfngQJ0XGC8vHu1XKK
Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline

I am a newby when it comes to implementing templates and I am having a
problem
with egcs in cygwin b20.  I am running NT 4.0 work station bld 1381 sp 3.
I hoped that
posting this would be helpful to the egcs developers and instructive for
me.

When I try to compile a  test program that includes my lamer fixed capacity
 string
template I get the following error from egcs:

   [main]
   C:\Cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\egcs-2.91
   .
   57\cc1plus.exe 1002 (0) handle_exceptions: Exception:
   STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
   [main] cc1plus 1002 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to
   cc1plus.exe.co
   re

I have attached the sources and the core file.  My template, StringT,
doesn't appear to
me to do anything particularly advanced that would agitate an obscure
language feature.  Have I done anything wrong?

Jack Walker

(See attached file: str128t.h)(See attached file: junk.cpp)(See attached
file: cc1plus.exe.core)

--0__=ePSgqsWZuo9lIYBcCkO6nPQiK000SmNi1sSap1DfngQJ0XGC8vHu1XKK
Content-type: application/octet-stream; 
	name="str128t.h"
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="str128t.h"
Content-transfer-encoding: base64

--0__=ePSgqsWZuo9lIYBcCkO6nPQiK000SmNi1sSap1DfngQJ0XGC8vHu1XKK
Content-type: application/octet-stream; 
	name="junk.cpp"
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="junk.cpp"
Content-transfer-encoding: base64

I2luY2x1ZGUgPGlvc3RyZWFtPg0KI2luY2x1ZGUgInN0cjEyOHQuaCINCg0KLy91c2luZyBuYW1l
c3BhY2Ugc3RkOw0KDQppbnQgbWFpbiAoKQ0Kew0KICAgIFN0cmluZyB4ID0gIkphY2siOw0KICAg
IFN0cmluZyB5ID0gIldhbGtlciI7DQogICAgU3RyaW5nIHo7DQogICAgeiA9IHg7DQogICAgeiAr
PSAiICI7DQogICAgeiArPSB5Ow0KICAgIGNvdXQgPDwgeiA8PCBlbmRsOw0KICAgIHJldHVybiAw
IDsNCn0NCg==

--0__=ePSgqsWZuo9lIYBcCkO6nPQiK000SmNi1sSap1DfngQJ0XGC8vHu1XKK
Content-type: application/octet-stream; 
	name="cc1plus.exe.core"
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="cc1plus.exe.core"
Content-transfer-encoding: base64

--0__=ePSgqsWZuo9lIYBcCkO6nPQiK000SmNi1sSap1DfngQJ0XGC8vHu1XKK--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".