Subject: Re: Cygwin and internet???
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

1 Dec 1998 00:16:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Alan Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 04:47:23PM -0000, Alan Gonzalez wrote:
>
> I wasn't able to find out any information about this in the faqs or
> in the documentation.  How come gcc and make and various other cygwin
> utilities send data across my internet connection. I find this odd.
> I'm using b19

What's probably happening is that a Cygwin program is probably using
sockets which end up initializing Microsoft's Winsock DLL which in
turn is probably generating some Internet traffic.  Just a guess.  Or
it could be that this is the effect of bash's MAILCHECK feature.
Dunno.

I promise you, we're not sucking down info from your hard drives or
any information at all about your systems.  :-)

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".