Subject: rxvt does not want to be a tty
From: [email-masked] (Agostino Deligia)

26 Nov 1998 22:49:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Cygwin Mailing List" <[email-masked]>

Greetings,

I'm having some problems with 'rxvt'. I've looked in the Cygwin FAQ and I've
been paying attention to the list, but I cannot find any info to help me
with my problem. (I saw a message about 1-2 weeks ago relating to "why does
'rxvt' refuse to do anything but 25 lines by 80 columns", but saw no replies
thereafter.)

When I run 'bash' in an 'rxvt' and try to set the number of lines and
columns with

    stty rows 56 cols 126

I get

    stty: standard input

I am running Cygwin B20 + coolview for B20, on US NT4 SP3.

CYGWIN=tty noglob binmode ntea  (note the 'tty'; coolview for B20 fixes the
"leading whitespace" bug, right?)
TERM=linux

The geometry of the 'rxvt' is 126x56+0+0; I assumed that the bash shell
would use the same number of lines and columns. Why does 'stty' think I'm
trying to modify standard input?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

--
Agostino Deligia
Software Developer
Alis Technologies Inc.
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".