Subject: RE: Budweiser screen saver - beware!! (and other hoaxes)
From: [email-masked] (Stephen L Arnold)

26 Nov 1998 10:34:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

On 24 Nov 98, Rick Rankin had this to say about RE: Budweiser 
screen saver - beware!!:

> Nothing but a hoax. Check out
> 
> http://www.kumite.com/myths/
> 
> and
> 
> http://www.eliashim.com/vcenter/irina.html#BUD

It's generally best not to forward these kinds of bogus warnings 
(certainly not without verifying them first - start with the Hoaxes 
page).  By blindly forwarding them, you're actually spreading the 
virus/trojan/whatever.

For the real info on security and virus issues, you can check out 
the CIAC site at Livermore:

http://ciac.llnl.gov/

There are many other sites as well.  It's amazing; at my last 
employer, we actually got a company wide email from the chief of 
security (supposedly "computer" security) about the dangers of the 
Good Times email virus.  I probably shouldn't have flamed her.  At 
least I gave her the address of the CIAC site...

The guy at my new company distributes selected CIAC alerts to those 
who express an interest (and I didn't even have to tell him about 
it; he already knew).  That gives me a little bit more confidence...

Later, Steve

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".