Subject: B20:Trouble Building Java Applications
From: [email-masked] (Herbert Gamble)

26 Nov 1998 09:19:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I am having trouble building Java programs  in the B20 release.

Currently I have installed jdk1.1.6 under C:\Java\jdk1.1.6 and
JFC 1.0.3 under
C:\Java\swing-1.0.3. I have set all the appropriate environment
variables to point
to the correct places such as:

  HOME                    = /c/home/my_home
  JAVA_HOME        = /c/Java/jdk1.1.6
 SWING_HOME      = /c/Java/swing-1.0.3
 JAVA_CLASSES    = /c/Java/jdk1.1.6/lib/classes.jar
 SWING_CLASSES = /c/Java\swing-1.0.3/swingall.jar
 CLASSES                = ${HOME}/classes
 CLASSPATH           =
..:${SWING_CLASSES}:${JAVA_CLASSES}:${CLASSES}:${HOME}

In my home directory I try to compile a java program, that
imports the com.sun.java.swing package,
as follows:

  javac -deprecation -d ${CLASSES} *.java

I get two errors.

One says that /c/home/my_home/classes does not exist (when in
fact it has been created).

The socond one complaining that com.sun.java.swing does not exist
(when in fact the directory
does exist and the appropriate evironment variables have been set
properly).

Any help with this is much appreciated. Have you been able to
build java programs in B20?

Thank You

Herbert C. Gamble
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".