Subject: Re: GVIM5.3, CYGWin Beta20 problem
From: [email-masked] (Stephen L Arnold)

26 Nov 1998 06:28:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

On 25 Nov 98, raf had questions about Re: GVIM5.3, CYGWin Beta20 
problem:

> >> yes, when running gvim as something like "gvim &" from /bin/bash.
> >> then, everytime i quite vim, bash dies as well.

And I said:

> >Just launch rxvt from the DOS bash, and then run everthing else
> >from (one or more) rxvt's (the environments seem to be quite
> >different, but I'm not at the level where I can figure out what and
> >why...)

Then raf said:

> oops. yes, the above does refer to bash in an xterm. i should have
> said.

How are your vim environment vars set?  Using the DOS path, or the 
unix-style path?  I installed the gvim for win32, mounted the 
directory under /usr, put a link in /usr/bin to the gvim 
executable, and set /usr/gvim-5.3 in my .bash_profile.  How did you 
do it?

Steve

*************************************************************
Steve Arnold                            [email-masked]
                                 http://www.rain.org/~sarnold
This message composed of 100% recycled electrons.  You should
also recycle yourself.  Become an organ donor (8-)@
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".