Subject: less - B19 - WARNING terminal is not fully functional
From: [email-masked] (Ken Laberteaux)

26 Nov 1998 04:11:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>, Octave <[email-masked]>

I have B19 and followed the following instructions:

================
2. Install less for gnuwin32.  A copy is available from 
ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/BINARIES/gnu-win32
    * Download the file less-gnu-win32.tar.gz.
    * Install it along with the gnu-win32 tools.  Change your
       directory to /gnuwin32/b19/H-i386-cygwin32 and untar the
       less-gnu-win32.tar.gz file (bash syntax):

         tar zxf /path/to/less-gnu-win32.tar.gz
   * Setting the environment variable TERM to linux will allow less
       to work in a bash terminal window and from within Octave.

===============

I set my TERM to linux

Now when I run less, I get the following

bash-2.01$ less mount.txt
WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
mount.txt  (press RETURN)

Then pressing return, I get the file working in less normally.

How do I get rid of this warning?  Is it valid?

Ken
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".