Subject: B20: vi from NTRESKIT and termcap
From: [email-masked] (Gabriel, Stefan)

26 Nov 1998 01:06:55 -0800
Message-ID: <c=DE%a=_%p=KL_Ruppert%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

I tried to run the vi coming with the NT Recource Kit for NT 4.0
Workstation. Does anybody know which value to set for the TERM variable
to get it running? Following some of the error messages I got:

- no termcap: "Can't read /etc/termcap"
- TERM=dump: "This termcap entry lacks the :up=: capability"
- TERM=ansi: "Termcap entry too long"

I'm using the standard termcap coming with the B20.

Regards
Stefan

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".