Subject: RE: Budweiser screen saver - beware!!
From: [email-masked] (Rick Rankin)

25 Nov 1998 14:32:16 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Andrew Steele" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Nothing but a hoax. Check out

http://www.kumite.com/myths/

and

http://www.eliashim.com/vcenter/irina.html#BUD

--
Rick Rankin
[email-masked] 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Andrew Steele
> Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 1998 2:09 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Budweiser screen saver - beware!!
> 
> 
> Someone is sending out a very desirable screen-saver, the Budweiser
> Frogs - BUDDYLST.ZIP.  If you download it, you will lose everything!!!
> Your hard drive will crash and someone from the internet will get your
> screen name and password!  DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS UNDER ANY
> CIRCUMSTANCES!!!  IT JUST WENT INTO CIRCULATION YESTERDAY, AS FAR AS WE
> KNOW.  PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE.
> This is a new, very malicious virus and not many people know about it.
> This information was announced yesterday morning from Microsoft.  Please
> share it with everyone that might access the internet. Once again, pass
> this along to EVERYONE in your address book so that this may be stopped.
> Also do not open or even look at any mail that says "RETURNED OR UNABLE
> TO DELIVER".  This virus will attach itself to your computer components
> and render them useless. Immediately delete mail items that say this.
> AOL has said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NO
> remedy for it at this time.  Please practice cautionary measures and
> forward this to all your on-line friends ASAP.
> 
> -- 
>                                _\\|//_ 
>                               (` O-O ')
> +============================ooO-(_)-Ooo==============================+
> | Andrew Steele                        Kam Circuits, Station Road     |
> | Front End Systems Engineer           Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 OJT, UK.|
> | E-mail:      mailto:[email-masked]     Tel:        +44 (0)1249 815262 |
> |              http://www.kam.com      Direct dial +44 (0)1249 810260 |
> | Data E-mail: mailto:[email-masked]      Fax:        +44 (0)1249 814726 |
> | FTP: Please email for instructions   BBS:        +44 (0)1249 810293 |
> +=====================================================================+
>                               _| | | |_
>                              (___) (___)
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".