Subject: Re: GVIM5.3, CYGWin Beta20 problem
From: [email-masked] (raf)

25 Nov 1998 10:58:13 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Steve Arnold wrote:

>On 23 Nov 98, raf had this to say about Re: GVIM5.3, CYGWin Beta20 
>problem:

>> Julian Brown wrote:
>> 
>> >Does anyone else have this problem or just me.
>> >I am running on NT 4, with Cygwin beta 20.
>> 
>> >I run gvim5.3 from inside the cygwin window.
>> >Once in awhile I will quit gvim with a :q! and
>> >it will take out my cygwin as well.

>> yes, when running gvim as something like "gvim &" from /bin/bash.
>> then, everytime i quite vim, bash dies as well. a workaround is to
>> tell bash to run gvim in the foreground ("$ gvim") and tell gvim to run
>> itself in the background (":set guioptions-=f").

>I couldn't get gvim to run (right) in the background of the DOS 
>bash shell (I never got the prompt back until I quit gvim).  It 
>works fine, however, when run in the background from rxvt/bash.

>Just launch rxvt from the DOS bash, and then run everthing else 
>from (one or more) rxvt's (the environments seem to be quite 
>different, but I'm not at the level where I can figure out what and 
>why...)

oops. yes, the above does refer to bash in an xterm. i should have said.

raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".