Subject: Re: GVIM5.3, CYGWin Beta20 problem
From: [email-masked] (Stephen L Arnold)

24 Nov 1998 09:41:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

On 23 Nov 98, raf had this to say about Re: GVIM5.3, CYGWin Beta20 
problem:

> Julian Brown wrote:
> 
> >Does anyone else have this problem or just me.
> >I am running on NT 4, with Cygwin beta 20.
> 
> >I run gvim5.3 from inside the cygwin window.
> >Once in awhile I will quit gvim with a :q! and
> >it will take out my cygwin as well.

> yes, when running gvim as something like "gvim &" from /bin/bash.
> then, everytime i quite vim, bash dies as well. a workaround is to
> tell bash to run gvim in the foreground ("$ gvim") and tell gvim to run
> itself in the background (":set guioptions-=f").

I couldn't get gvim to run (right) in the background of the DOS 
bash shell (I never got the prompt back until I quit gvim).  It 
works fine, however, when run in the background from rxvt/bash.

Just launch rxvt from the DOS bash, and then run everthing else 
from (one or more) rxvt's (the environments seem to be quite 
different, but I'm not at the level where I can figure out what and 
why...)

*************************************************************
Steve Arnold                            [email-masked]
                                 http://www.rain.org/~sarnold
This message composed of 100% recycled electrons.  You should
also recycle yourself.  Become an organ donor (8-)@
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".