Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Win32 API headers/libraries
From: [email-masked] (Anders Norlander)

23 Nov 1998 19:00:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi, all!

I have put up a new (preliminary) set of headers and import
libraries for the win32 API.

They differ from the GNU headers in that the they are more
complete (hopefully) and the file structure is more like the
MS file structure. I didn't like having all defines,structures
etc, in one single large file as in the GNU headers.
The import libraries are also very updated.

The headers are not based on the GNU headers, instead I plowed
through the MSDN library in alphabetic order and added defintions
as they were needed. I used MSDN lib from April '97.

Some highlights are ODBC/SQL, mmsystem, OLE, basic COM/OLE2
support, DDE, wininet, wincrypt, windows networking and
full UNICODE support.

If you would like to test the library the URL is
www.acc.umu.se/~anorland/gnu-win32/
This is the result of ~2 months work, so please
report bugs.

Note that these headers break Mumit Khan's time patch
for the fortran runtime because the LARGE_INTEGER structure
is now a union. However, this is easily corrected, just
add .u before LowPart and HighPart.

Regards,
Anders Norlander
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".