Subject: Re: GVIM5.3, CYGWin Beta20 problem
From: [email-masked] (raf)

23 Nov 1998 07:44:30 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Julian Brown wrote:

>Does anyone else have this problem or just me.

>I am running on NT 4, with Cygwin beta 20.

>I run gvim5.3 from inside the cygwin window.
>Once in awhile I will quit gvim with a :q! and
>it will take out my cygwin as well.

>Has anyone seen this before??

yes, when running gvim as something like "gvim &" from /bin/bash.
then, everytime i quite vim, bash dies as well. a workaround is to
tell bash to run gvim in the foreground ("$ gvim") and tell gvim to run
itself in the background (":set guioptions-=f").

good luck,
raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".