Subject: Re: B20, on NT4.0: Bash crashes when background process ends
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

21 Nov 1998 06:53:28 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Robert,

[...]
>If you do the same thing with the process in the foreground (no '&' on
>the command line), bash does not go away.
>
>If you look really carefully at the bash window in the milliseconds
>between when you click on it and when it disappears, you can see the
>word "exit" displayed.

Warning - due to a bug for Cygwin B20 it must be

    CYGWIN=  tty binmode title strip_title glob

Note the leading two white spaces !!
And of course this env var has to be set *before* running any Cygwin
program ! On NT set it in your user env, for W9x set it in autoexec.bat !
If you want to use all the Cygwin programs from bash only, you can set
it in cygnus.bat of course.

This bug can cause your problem, because then bash exits after the last
background command has exited.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".