Subject: RE: RE: Re: Linker: Bug or Feature?
From: [email-masked]

20 Nov 1998 19:01:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: "Colin Peters" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

->One more question: Given an "int i", I always thought "i++" or "i--" was
->c++ only, but "i=i+1" or "i=i-1" was c and c++. Since I always use "i++"
in
->my loops, doesn't this make my code c++ automatically? So what does the
->c-compiler do with this?

->(don't beat me if I got something terribly wrong here........I read that
in
->a C++ book five years ago.)

>Find the book and look again. If it still says that find the author and
give
>him a good smacking around :). The ++ and -- operators have been part of C
>from the beginning as far as I know. They were certainly in the first
>edition of K&R (pre-ANSI).

Hmm. Maybe teaching myself all those languages resulted in some nasty
misunderstandings.....
Okay, I was 14 when I read the book, maybe I got something wrong, but I
could swear it said that!

ALL of my code is thus C, not C++. The word "duh" comes to mind ;-)

"I take back all I have said before and herewith state the exact opposite"
- Marie-Antoinette Hagen.

(My Grandma) :-)

Regards,
 Moritz

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".