Subject: RE: problem linking to win95 DLL
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

20 Nov 1998 14:51:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Joe Armstrong" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "GNU-win32" <[email-masked]>

Joe Armstrong <[email-masked]> wrote:

[snip]
>I have a little c program which uses the windows multi-media interface.
[snip]
>Here's what happens
>
>---- start -----
>sh-2.02$ gcc -o foo.exe mci.c -lwinmm
>         ****************************
>\TEMP\ccmsCWrZ.o(.text+0x346):mci.c: undefined reference to `mciSendString'
>\TEMP\ccmsCWrZ.o(.text+0x372):mci.c: undefined reference to
`mciGetErrorString
[snip]

The problem here I suspect is that the proper prototype is not included in
the current set of Win32 API headers. So, you may have to go to the
Windows32/Functions.h and ASCIIFunctions.h and UnicodeFunctions.h and add
the prototypes and defines. By looking at winmm.def it looks like you will
need to to the ASCII/Unicode thing for this function, and also it looks like
they are prototyped WINAPI (or STDCALL). Strangely enough I can't seem to
find mciSendString in any of my documentation, but that may be because I
only have docs for the core API.

Colin.

- Colin Peters - colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/index.html
- Go not to usenet for counsel, for it will say both
- 'yes' and 'no' and 'try another newsgroup'.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".