Subject: B20: Bison can't find file bison.simple (NT)
From: [email-masked] (Michael Audette)

20 Nov 1998 10:16:22 -0800
Message-ID: <3.0.5.32.19981119141712.00a342e0.cygnus.gnu-win32@jack>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

When executing the following on NT4-SP3:

bison -d -v -p vhdl src/vhdl.bison

I get the following error:
bison: /logopolis/monitor/noer/b20/cygwin-b20/share/bison.simple: No such
file od directory

bison -d -v -p vhdl
--simple-parser='//f/progra~1/CYGWIN/cygwin-b20/share/bison.simple'
src/vhdl.bison

Gives the following error then spews the usage:
bison: option `--simple-parser' doesn't allow an argument
Usage: bison [-dhklntvyV] [-b file-prefix] [-o outfile] [-p name-prefix]
       [--debug] [--defines] [--fixed-output-files] [--no-lines]
       [--verbose] [--version] [--help] [--yacc]
       [--no-parser] [--token-table]
       [--file-prefix=prefix] [--name-prefix=prefix]
       [-S simple_parser] [-H hairy_parser] [-L libdir]
       [--simple-parser=filename] [--hairy-parser=filename]
       [--library=dirname] [--output=outfile] grammar-file

I did however get the following to work:
bison -d -v -p vhdl -S '//f/progra~1/CYGWIN/cygwin-b20/share/bison.simple'
src/vhdl.bison

My source distribution is installed in //f/Program
Files/CYGWIN/cygwin-b20/.  The following examples were all done from within
the bash distributed with the B20 release.  The file bison.simple does
exist where is supposed to under my install. Unfortunately this is not
where bison is looking for it.  It looks as though the path was hard coded
when bison was configured/compiled.

						Thanks
						  Mike
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".