Subject: B19.1 problem with grep
From: [email-masked] (Juha Jäykkä)

19 Nov 1998 15:35:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8BIT
To: [email-masked]

  When running B19.1 grep from 4nt or cmd shells, I get the following
error from time to time. After a long break I can usually run the
following command once without the error and every subsequent run produces
error even if I change everything else but grep in the command. Here's the
output:

[h:\netscape]cat prefs.js | grep -i password
grep.exe: (standard input): Bad file number

[h:\netscape]

  Problem vanishes when run from bash. It doesn't matter if I use cat,
type, dir, ls or what ever to produce the output I pipe to grep. It always
runs fine once after a long break then fails after that.
  Help is appreciated.

		 -----------------------------------------------
		| Juha Jäykkä, [email-masked]			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|
		| pgp-key: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/pgp.txt	|
		 -----------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".