Subject: Re: Make/Bash Problem with B20
From: [email-masked] (Stefan Hornburg)

18 Nov 1998 10:30:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI 1.4.5 - "Tomari")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

"Holger Szillat" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hey,
> I have the following problem using the Cygwin B20 under NT:
> When using very long "inline-shell-scripts" (i.e. shell commands within a Makefile with "\" spanning over several lines) the sub-shell sometimes gets only part of the line, so there is a limit of how many chars can be passed to a child-process.
> My question: *Where* is this limit ?? Make, bash, NT ??
> If not NT, can the limit be risen to a higher value ??

~ > echo `find Mail` | wc -c
  36055

The limit for the command line is very high under bash as you see.
There seems to be a bug in bash when expanding file patterns
like 'foo*' that does not match to any existing file.

Ciao
        Stefan

-- 
MKDIR pipe on netware with Windows* makes you wonder :-)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".