Subject: B20: Kaffe configure script locking on NT 4.0.
From: [email-masked] (Michael T. Richter)

18 Nov 1998 04:50:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

The configure script in Kaffe's source tree seems to be causing the Cygwin
(b20) tools no end of grief on my Windows NT 4.0 workstation.  Basically,
the script starts running and producing the expected output ("checking for
foobie... yes" "checking for bletch... no"), but at random points the script
just stops executing.  BASH (in the form of /bin/sh.exe) sits there and
sucks up 100% of the CPU time, but nothing gets executed.  Control-C 
processing doesn't work, but the console window can be terminated.

The problem is partially deterministic.  I can replicate it 100% of the time
-- I've never had the configuration script successfully run to completion. 
It breaks at different points, however, with each run.  Sometimes it stops
very early in the process (seemingly before it even gets the chance to 
execute the first sub-script), sometimes it stops after processing 
seemingly hundreds of checks.  It never actually finishes, however.

Can somebody please give me an idea of a) what the problem could be and b)
what I can do to work around it?  (Please CC my personal address on any 
replies.)

-- 
Michael T. Richter    <[email-masked]>    http://www.igs.net/~mtr/
          PGP Key: http://www.igs.net/~mtr/pgp-key.html
PGP Fingerprint: 40D1 33E0 F70B 6BB5 8353 4669 B4CC DD09 04ED 4FE8
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".