Subject: Re: Strange behaviour with rxvt and latest coolview
From: [email-masked] (raf)

17 Nov 1998 06:33:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

>I'm using Cygwin B20 with the latest coolview (8.11.98) under NT 4 (SP3).
>I have the following set in the .bat file which starts bash:

>  set CYGWIN=tty binmode title ntea mixed

>In B19 I used to start rxvt with the following function

>xterm ()
>{
>    rxvt -bg AntiqueWhite -fn "6x13" -geometry 111x40+4+23 &
>}

>When I start a B20 compiled rxvt like this from bash, nothing happens
>until I press Return. Then rxvt comes up but without prompt and its
>not acting on commands.

>When I start rxvt without the &, everything works perfect. Even Ctrl-C
>and Ctrl-Z are working as expected. See my previous mail about
>Ctrl-C/Z behaviour in bash.

>So what is the difference in Ctrl-C/Z behaviour when running bash
>standalone and inside rxvt ????

this sounds related to the problem i'm having with
nt4sp4+b20+coolview+X11R6.4+CYGWIN="  tty notitle binmode".

any X process (i.e. xterm, vim) run in the background does nothing
until i press return. then it displays it's window and works fine. when
it exits, however, it's parent process also dies. when run in the foreground,
it's fine.

resize, also, doesn't complete until i press return. when run, it does it's
terminal stuff, leaving the cursor paused in the bottom right corner. when
i press return, it prints it's output.

p.s. does anyone know why xterm insists on setting TERM=ansi and LINES=24?
p.p.s does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

cheers,
raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".