Subject: B20: #! - New feature?
From: [email-masked] (Patrik Wennberg - NCR)

16 Nov 1998 14:39:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I really like gnuwin32, It's really what's needed to make NT a "supportable"
working environment.
Unfortunately, it's always with mixed feelings I pull down and install an
upgrade.
It seems like there's introduced "small feature" in every release.

In B20, to be able to execute shell-scripts you need the "pound-bang"
construct. #!/bin/sh
At first, it looks OK.
Later on something usually is revealed.
Trying to compile Perl5005 I discovered that the package failed completely
because of this.
Most parts of the config scripts refused to work.

If I have missed something fundamental, please excuse me, otherwise
HELP........

PS
I run it on WinNT 4.0 and SP4

=======================================================
                                Patrik Ericson Wennberg
                                NCR Norway, FSG - CMS
-------------------------------------------------------
         MailTo:[email-masked] - ICQ: 4747030
         Phone: +47-22 95 37 70  -  Cellphone/SMS): +47-913 21 474
         MobileFax: +47-91240069
=======================================================

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".