Subject: Re: fopen() bug
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

16 Nov 1998 03:49:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: "Stephen R. Whiteley" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

"Stephen R. Whiteley" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> fopen("", "r") causes a segmentation fault.  It should simply return 0.
> 

Thanks for the bug report. The next winsup minor update (b20.1) from 
Cygnus should have the fix.

It still gets a SEGV when you provide a NULL pointer for file name,
but that's allowed by POSIX. I'll however send a fix that for that 
as well to be ``user friendly''.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".