Subject: Re: nt sshd probs
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

15 Nov 1998 23:29:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Andres Heinloo [[email-masked]] wrote:

[...]
>I'm sorry for a stupid question, but how do you set up an NT service?

Get srvany from the NT ResKit or a similar tool, which is able to
install every normal program as an NT service.
You can't control it through control panel / services, though.

>Putting that stuff to autoexec.nt? Sergey Okhapkin writes in his homepage
>that (at least inetd) service needs special account's rights ("Act as part
>of operating system", "Replace a process level token" and "Increase
>quotas") that "Administrator" account doesn't have. How can I set those
>special rights?

You can set them with "User Manager (for Domains)". There is one menu
item named "Policies" (hope that is the correct translation from my
German NT), then go to "User Rights", click on "Advanced User Rights"
and voila ...

>
>
>Andres.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".