Subject: Re: CYGWIN environment parameter valuse list?
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

15 Nov 1998 04:44:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Maert,

>Hi!
>
>  Where to find doc about what can be set in CYGWIN environment variable.
>  FAQ and doc say little word about tty and binary.
>  Anything else can bet set there?

Options for the CYGWIN environment variable

[no]title       - display command line of currently running process in
                  console title. (default: disabled)
[no]strip_title - works in conjunction with 'title'.  Strips the path
                  spec from what is displayed in the console title bar
                  when the program is run. (default: disabled)
[no]tty         - makes consoles more UN*X-like which improves
                  compatibility with UN*X apps but may cause problems
                  with non cygwin apps. (default: disabled)
[no]binmode     - use 'binmode' as the default open mode when the mode
                  is not otherwise specified in the open or by mount.
                  Does not affect pipes and path specs like //c/foo.
                  (default: disabled)
[no]glob        - do not perform globbing operations on the command
                  line when a cygwin process is being invoked from a
                  non-cygwin shell. (default: disabled ?)
strace          - a cygwin1.dll debugging aid.  Setting mask to '1'
                  will cause reams of information about the operation
                  of cygwin to be written to 'file' as cygwin
                  operates. The rest of the bits control the display
                  various cygwin subsystems. For a complete list check
                  out /usr/include/sys/strace.h. The cache setting
                  controls how much strace output will be held in
                  memory before being output to disk.

If you run Sergey Okhapkin's patched cygwin1.dll (coolview), more
options are available:

[no]ntea        - use extended file attributes on Windows NT.
                  (default: disabled)
[no]mixed       - create case-sensitive filenames on ntfs partitions.
                  (default: disabled)

>
>Regards,
>.mAeRt.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".