Subject: Re: Running shell-scripts from NT GUI?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

15 Nov 1998 03:07:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Magnus Homann <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

---Magnus Homann <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Now, to make it easuer to run these scritps, I would like to make an
icon
> that, when activated, starts /bin/sh and runs a specific script. It
sounds
> really easy to do, but I don't know where to start. I've tried
reading the
> archive and the docs, but I don't really know what I'm looking for... 
> 
> Any ideas out there?

I have a couple of options.

Option1: Always name the script with a suffix like .sh and the
associate /bin/sh to .sh.

Option2: You have a UNIX script named myscript that you want Win32 to
run.  Create a file called myscript.bat which contains:

c:\bin\sh -c /scripts/myscript

BTW: I prefer Option2.

==
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".