Subject: Re: nt sshd probs
From: [email-masked] (Andres Heinloo)

14 Nov 1998 14:38:34 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Andres Heinloo <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: JJ Streicher-Bremer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, JJ Streicher-Bremer wrote:

> I actually have sshd set up as a service and that runs quite well.  To
> make it easy for me to change the startup env I have the service start a
> batch file that in turn starts sshd. Here it is.
> 
> set CYGWIN=tty binmode title strip_title glob
> path = d:\apps\unix\usr\bin;d:\apps\usr\local\bin;d:\apps\usr\local\sbin
> del d:\apps\unix\var\run\utmp
> touch d:\apps\unix\var\run\utmp
> start d:\apps\unix\usr\local\sbin\sshd1.exe

I'm sorry for a stupid question, but how do you set up an NT service? 
Putting that stuff to autoexec.nt? Sergey Okhapkin writes in his homepage
that (at least inetd) service needs special account's rights ("Act as part
of operating system", "Replace a process level token" and "Increase
quotas") that "Administrator" account doesn't have. How can I set those
special rights? 

Andres.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".