Subject: RE: tty problems
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

14 Nov 1998 11:35:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Rick Rankin <[email-masked]>,
        "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

---Rick Rankin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I've seen something very similar to this as well. Over the years, I've
> gotten into the habig of hitting Ctrl-C to abort a partially typed
command.
> This worked fine on b19, but seems to hang b20 bash. I'm not sure
that I've
> been patient enough to see if it eventually recovers. This in on
NT4/SP3
> with Sergey's latest coolview and CYGWIN=tty notitle binmode.
> 
> Interestingly enough, at home under '98 with CYGWIN=notty notitle
binmode
> glob, pressing Ctrl-C pauses bash until the control key is released.
> 
> Just another data point.
> 

I've found that if I do a sequence of Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Break, Ctrl-C and
then wait 15 to 20 seconds that it will usually eventually return back
to the prompt at least on my NT 3.51.  On 95 osr1, about half of the
time I'll have to abort the job (kill the task); but, at least it no
longer locks up the entire machine.

==
-                        \\||//
-------------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o-------------------
--                [email-masked]               --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html --
----------------------ooo0O--O0ooo----------------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".