Subject: Problem solved [was: Back to B19 for now]
From: [email-masked] (Enoch Wu)

14 Nov 1998 00:42:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

Earnie's analysis pointed to gcc bugs which caused configure to fail on
B20.  It failed on recursive configure scripts of FFTW-2.0.1. 

What the FFTW configure does is to build headers (*.h) and libraries.  Well
I built them under B19 (not a typo), made a fft_b19_tar.gz file to install
from root. 

Then I installed the tar file at the root of B20.  What a pleasant surprise
! Those Beta 19 libraries linked with my C program running B20 and the C
program runs on B20!

Thanks to Earnie and Mummit for their valuable ideas.

Best Regards,
Enoch Wu
Communications Engineer

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".