Subject: Strange behaviour with rxvt and latest coolview
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

13 Nov 1998 19:49:53 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI 1.9.0 - "Isurugi")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygnus <[email-masked]>

Hi

I'm using Cygwin B20 with the latest coolview (8.11.98) under NT 4 (SP3).
I have the following set in the .bat file which starts bash:

  set CYGWIN=tty binmode title ntea mixed

In B19 I used to start rxvt with the following function

xterm ()
{
    rxvt -bg AntiqueWhite -fn "6x13" -geometry 111x40+4+23 &
}

When I start a B20 compiled rxvt like this from bash, nothing happens
until I press Return. Then rxvt comes up but without prompt and its
not acting on commands.

When I start rxvt without the &, everything works perfect. Even Ctrl-C
and Ctrl-Z are working as expected. See my previous mail about
Ctrl-C/Z behaviour in bash.

So what is the difference in Ctrl-C/Z behaviour when running bash
standalone and inside rxvt ????

Ciao

  Volker

-- 
___________________________________________________________________________

   "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse ..."

                                                 Dr. Volker Zell
      __ /  _  /  __  / ___/  /    ___/          -- Trainer --
     /  /  /__/  /_  / /     /    __/            Oracle Germany
   ____/__/ _|__/ __/____/ ____/____/            Paul-Thomas-Str.58 
                                                 D-40599 D|sseldorf
   e-Mail: mailto:[email-masked]
   WWW:    http://trgsund4.de.oracle.com/
   Tel:    (+49) 211-74839-414                   
   Fax:    (+49) 211-74839-44
___________________________________________________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily 
represent those of Oracle Corporation.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".