Subject: RE: Major Majordomo Problem
From: [email-masked] (Hugh Winkler)

13 Nov 1998 11:35:13 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Yes, this is really awful responsiveness. Days go by and you can't get
responses to your posts. I rejoined the list and posted yesterday and still
haven't seen incoming number one. The post hasn't appeared on the archives
either, although the archive page shows later messages.

I'm "replying" to a post I read in the archives from a few days ago. I don't
have any mail in my gnu-win32 inbox to reply to. In a day or two I'll get a
hundred messages.

Do the administrators know about this, or is it happening to just a few of
us?

I don't know enough about majordomo to understand why the cygnus download
traffic would cause delays on the order of a few days, in the mailing list.

I think it's important to address this problem because one of the benefits
of open source, is that you can get sometimes same-day fixes, or post fixes
as soon as you've fixed them. But when 48 hours, or more, elapse before your
fix or report even gets distributed, it's hard to make that argument.

BTW when the messages do come in this is a really productive and useful
list.

Hugh Winkler
Scout Systems, Inc.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".