Subject: Re: Back to B19 for now
From: [email-masked]

13 Nov 1998 09:50:13 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

In a message dated 11/12/98 12:04:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:

>  indicate what trouble
>  you've had 
I hadn't been able to build any gnu package requiring configure under W95/b20
until the coolview-b20 came out.  Now I can build simple packages which don't
involve recursive make.  Examples: indent, sharutils (sharutils not tested yet
to see if everything works; it had some problems under b19).  coolview
improves ash but works better with bash.

As far as building egcs is concerned, b20 does a good job under NT but remains
a disaster under W95.

I haven't been able to run egcs/testsuite.  After copying init.tcl to some of
the places where it's requested, setting the TCL environment variable, and
removing the attempt to get user name, it tries to execute the dejagnu
directory as a script.  Apparently, setting the DEJAGNU environment to the
script which is wanted next would get one more step, if we knew how it should
be set.  But it certainly looks like no one has tried to make the setup
compatible with cygwin.  The behavior is much the same under either W95 or NT,
although NT fields the crashes better.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".