Subject: Re: Loading gnu made DLL with MSVC
From: [email-masked] (Jose I. Cabrera)

13 Nov 1998 06:20:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Everyone!

Great job on v20, Mr. Noer!!  I love it!  I've found something that was
working fine with v19, that is not the same with v20.  Previously, I was
able to rename a file, let's call it POOH.PCL, to pooh.pcl, by using the
mv command of bash.  Well, today, I tried this and I just lost a file
that was very important to me.  Anyway, here is the history:

<11:19:13> <3>ls
JIC.BAK       Jdb.pcl       SPAR.doc      simontxt.dmp
JIC.PCL       SIMON.txt     jdbpcl.dmp
<11:19:18> <4>lpr -Smy_n32 -PRAW JIC.PCL
<11:20:05> <5>mv JIC.PCL jic.pcl
mv: cannot move `JIC.PCL' to `jic.pcl': No such file or directory
<11:20:45> <6>ls
JIC.BAK       SIMON.txt     jdbpcl.dmp
Jdb.pcl       SPAR.doc      simontxt.dmp
<11:20:51> <7>

as you can see, JIC.PCL was deleted with the mv command.  I know that
I am moving it to the same name, but, I can assure you that this was
possible with v19. 

If anyone has a suggestion or comment, please cc me in, since I am off
the list for a little bit.  I am working on a project and can't read
all the messages, but, I will be back in later.

thanks!

-- 

Hasta pronto.....!!!
Y como dice mi pa'i, "Mecedora!!"

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
!!                 jose.....El Dominicano Americano Ausente.    !!
!!    These are my opinions and not my employer's.              !!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".