Subject: RE: How to configure/install gcc
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

13 Nov 1998 01:07:05 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Mark Keates <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Mark Keates wrote:

> I am running Beta19 under Win95 and would also like to be able to build
> gcc from the gcc-2.8.1 sources.

Don't use gcc-2.8.1. It's old and doesn't have any of the newer win32
specific fixes that are in egcs-1.1.

> Failing all this, is there a packaged gcc compiler (+ ar, ranlib etc)
> already built and available for download?

For pre-build binaries for b19, see:
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

to go straight to the ftp area:
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32/egcs-1.1/

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".