Subject: Re: b20: win98: more is missing (still)
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

12 Nov 1998 14:38:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <A10998A87C42D21192CF00805F65742901076C@votec>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Graham,

[...]
>>ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Hirmke
>_Michael/B20
>
>Are these files available from anywhere else? The connection between me
>and franken.de must be very poor, as I am having considerable problems
>getting these files. The transfer rate, when it is working is very slow
>(10s or 100s bytes/sec) and the connection keeps dropping after a few
>10s of Kbytes. I have managed (eventually) to get less and man, but
>attempts to download ncurses and groff (which seem to be needed for less
>and man to work, and which are larger downloads) have so far never run
>to completion.

Oops, don't know, why you have these problems.
We have switched 10MBit to a 155MBit backbone, which normally is very
fast !

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".