Subject: Re: tty problems
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

12 Nov 1998 12:28:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <01BE0B10.CC583E30@sos>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI 1.9.0 - "Isurugi")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

    >> Michael Hirmke wrote: Warning - due to a bug for Cygwin B20 it
    >> must be export CYGWIN=" tty binmode title strip_title glob" !!
    >> Note the leading two white spaces !!

    > The bug is fixed in coolview.

I'm using Cygwin B20 with the latest coolview (8.11.98) under NT 4 (SP3).
I have the following set in the .bat file which starts bash:

  set CYGWIN=tty binmode title ntea mixed

When I'm at the bash prompt and press Ctrl-C without any program running,
the shell hangs for about 30 seconds and then returns back to the prompt.
When I then press Return one time I get 'Use "exit" to leave the shell.'
see below:

vzell:/temp>                                     <-- Ctrl-C 
vzell:/temp> Use "exit" to leave the shell.      <-- Return
vzell:/temp>

When executing the following command 

vzell:/temp> find /

and pressing Ctrl-Z, bash hangs forever.

When starting bash and then starting xterm (the one from the X11R6.4 
distribution from Sergeys site) I get nothing in the first case, (whereas
I got a new prompt in B19 with an EXIT status 1) and in the 
second case I get what I would expect:

[1]+  Stopped                 find /

By the way I have the Ctrl-C problem (bash hanging about 30 seconds) even in the 
original B20 bash with

  CYGWIN=  tty binmode title ntea

Any hints ??

Ciao
  Volker

PS: Right now I'm testing another case:

vzell:/temp> grep e *  <-- This will take a long time)

In this case the B19 bash (with the latest B19 coolview), the original B20 bash
and the latest B20 coolview bash hangs immediatly after pressing Ctrl-Z ????

-- 
___________________________________________________________________________

   "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse ..."

                                                 Dr. Volker Zell
      __ /  _  /  __  / ___/  /    ___/          -- Trainer --
     /  /  /__/  /_  / /     /    __/            Oracle Germany
   ____/__/ _|__/ __/____/ ____/____/            Paul-Thomas-Str.58 
                                                 D-40599 D|sseldorf
   e-Mail: mailto:[email-masked]
   WWW:    http://trgsund4.de.oracle.com/
   Tel:    (+49) 211-74839-414                   
   Fax:    (+49) 211-74839-44
___________________________________________________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily 
represent those of Oracle Corporation.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".