Subject: Re: cygwin b20 bash path usage?
From: [email-masked] (John Mullee)

12 Nov 1998 03:53:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: William D Kirby <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

At 21:44 1998-11-09 -0500, you wrote:
>I made the mistake of creating and trying to use an exectable named
>test.exe. under bash v2.02 in the cygwin beta 20 package. Nothing
>happened when it executed. I suspect that bash was executing the program
>test.exe in the cygwin-b20\bin directory rather my test.exe in the
>directory I was using.
>
>Is this proper behavior in bash? I assumed the directory being worked in
>was searched first then along the PATH directory list.

This seems to suggest that your path contains "." after
/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin

try ./test.exe or change your path to:

--8<-- cygnus.bat
set PATH=.;C:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin;%PATH%;
--8<--

John
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".