Subject: newbie X problem under b20
From: [email-masked] (John Mamer)

11 Nov 1998 21:49:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the following sort of problem.

I was happily running the Microimages X server with b19 and one of the
available precompiled
X11R6.x distributions (I've forgotten exactly where I got it from).  I
switched to b20 and downloaded a new binary X11R6.x.  Now almost nothing
works.  All clients seem to have the same problem, for example xterm
fails with a "XTERM caused invalid page fault in KERNEL32.dll". I've
tried several different flavors of X22R6 files from Mr. Okhapkin and Mr.
Piper.  Both give the same result.  Before I start to recompile the
libraries and debug them from scratch, I was wondering if anyone else
had encountered this difficulty.  I'm running on a Win95 machine, with
all file systems mounted as text!=binary. I have CYGWIN=  tty, and
TERM=Linux.

Any info will be appreciated.

thanks
john

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".