Subject: Re: B20: bash hangs after a background task exits
From: [email-masked] (Pierre A. Humblet)

10 Nov 1998 16:53:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Serguei DACHIAN <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Still the same experience here with background jobs, even with the new
coolview (Nov. 08), on a Windows 95 box, CYGWIN=tty, US system & keyboard.
No miracle either about the ^Z and arrow keys (when NumLock is active)
problems reported previously...

Pierre

At 01:44 AM 11/8/98 +0100, Serguei DACHIAN wrote:
>I discoverd a strange behaviour of bash when I am using some applications (I
>don't know if it holds for ALL aplications or not, I have tried it with two
>or three GUI interfaced programs)
>
>If I lanch the application without trailing "&" and then quit the
>application, everythin is fine.  But if I lanch it with a trailing "&", the
>bash hangs (more precisely it accepts no longer any input from the keyboard,
>and you can't close it even by clicking at the upper-right corner)
>immediatly after I am leaving the aplication !!!  Till application is
>running bash still works. If I type at first "exit" in bash, and then close
>the application both exit correctly.
>
>My config is: Win98 + CygWinB20 + Sergey's X11R6.4 and coolview.  And the
>variable CYGWIN is set in my "autoexec.bat" like this:
>> SET CYGWIN=  tty title strip_title glob
>
>By the way, I don't even know if the optons following the tty option are
>usefull and what do they dso. Can someone indicate to me some documentation
>where one can find the list of possible options with explanation of theyr
>meanings.
>
>Any ideas why it happens ???  Thanks in advance for any help.
>___________________________________________________________________________
>Serguei DACHIAN
>Laboratoire de Statistique et Processus,
>Universite du Maine, Av. Olivier Messiaen
>72085 Le Mans CEDEX 9, FRANCE
>Tel.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 37 18
>Fax.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 35 79
>E-mail : [email-masked]
>WWW    : http://www.univ-lemans.fr/sciences/statist/cvs/thesard.html#dachian
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".