Subject: bash settings for path name in the title
From: [email-masked] (Peter Kabal)

10 Nov 1998 12:45:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

I thought I would share some customizations of the bash shell window
(cywin-b20 under Windows NT)

1. To get the current path in the title of the window,
     PROMPT_COMMAND='cmd /c title `dirs`'
2. As seen in this mailing list, set the terminal with
     export TERM=linux
3. To get a prompt which stands out (reverse) among the lines of output
   This assumes the terminal has been set to linux.  In the example
   the prompt is ">>>" in reverse, followed by a blank (not-reversed).
     PS1="\e[7mPK:\e[27m "
4. Customize the color of the bash window to be different than a standard
   command window.
   Use the shortcut to "Cygwin B20".  On the bash window, right-click the
   title bar, choose "Properties" to customize the color.  Also set the
   layout to have a screen buffer size height of (say) 400, so you can
   scroll back and look at output off the top of the window.
   *** As you click OK, specify "Modify shortcut which started this
       window". ***

Now all I need to figure out is how to get the man command not to print
<AD> (in reverse) at the ends of lines where it hyphenates.

Peter Kabal     [email-masked]    (514) 398-7130
Electrical & Computer Engineering      (514) 398-4470 (FAX)
McGill University
3480 University Street   Montreal, Quebec  Canada H3A 2A7
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".