Subject: cygwin b20 bash path usage?
From: [email-masked] (William D Kirby)

10 Nov 1998 12:35:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

I made the mistake of creating and trying to use an exectable named
test.exe. under bash v2.02 in the cygwin beta 20 package. Nothing
happened when it executed. I suspect that bash was executing the program
test.exe in the cygwin-b20\bin directory rather my test.exe in the
directory I was using.

Is this proper behavior in bash? I assumed the directory being worked in
was searched first then along the PATH directory list.

Bill

--
William D. Kirby             Voice: (703) 273-0005
Consultant                   Email: [email-masked]
3527 Cornell Road
Fairfax, VA 22030-1813

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".