Subject: How to configure/install gcc
From: [email-masked] (jdn)

10 Nov 1998 12:17:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "cygwin win-32" <[email-masked]>

I'm running Beta20 on both Win98 and WinNT4/SP4, though I am focusing on the
NT box for now.

When I try and configure programs in order to be made and installed, I get
various errors relating to gcc, saying it doesn't work.  Obviously, I need
to (re)configure/install it, and the documentation provided in my
\usr\egcs-1.1b\gcc folder is a bit confusing to me.  I can't "./configure"
then "make" gcc, because it seems to be looking for it.

Should I set the CC variable to something else?  What is the compiler that
comes with Beta20 anyway?

As you can tell, I'm a bit new at this, so I would appreciate any
information you might share with me.

Thanks.

jdn

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".