Subject: Can't get GDB (B20) to work
From: [email-masked] (Xiaomao Xiao)

10 Nov 1998 12:16:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <5010400028585925000002L052*@MHS>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: Craig Setera <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Craig:

I'm not pretty sure about your problem.  My wild guess is that your postgres.exe 
was built by b19.  I had the similar problem.  After I rebuilt the program with
b20, it is fine now.  Hope this information would be helpful.

>>>>> "Craig" == Craig Setera <[email-masked]> writes:

Craig> I've picked up the new version of the B20 full development package and am
Craig> attempting to use it to debug some code.  It doesn't seem to matter what
Craig> I'm trying to debug, I always get the following information instead of
Craig> being able to debug.  Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing
Craig> wrong?

Craig> Thanks, Craig

Craig> Desktop: gdb /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres.exe GNU gdb 4.17.1 Copyright
Craig> 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.  GDB is free software, covered by the
Craig> GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or
Craig> distribute copies of it under certain conditions.  Type "show copying" to
Craig> see the conditions.  There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
Craig> warranty" for details.  This GDB was configured as "i586-cygwin32"...
Craig> (gdb) run Starting program: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres.exe
Craig> 61000000:/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/cygwin1.dll

Craig> [failed reading symbols from DLL] "/WINNT/system32/advapi32.dll": error
Craig> reading line numbers

Craig> [failed reading symbols from DLL] "/WINNT/system32/KERNEL32.dll": error
Craig> reading line numbers

Craig> [failed reading symbols from DLL] "/WINNT/system32/USER32.dll": error
Craig> reading line numbers

Craig> 77ed0000:/WINNT/system32/GDI32.dll 77e10000:/WINNT/system32/RPCRT4.dll
Craig> 67f60000:/WINNT/System32/NFPROC.DLL

Craig> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.  0x77f6cc66 in ?? ()

Craig> Craig Setera AS/400 Enterprise Java Development IBM Rochester
Craig> [email-masked] (507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387 - For help on using this
Craig> list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
Craig> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-- 

Xiaomao

=================================================================
Xiaomao (Mark) Xiao                  E-Mail: [email-masked]
C-MOLD                                  TEL: (607) 257-4949 x 699
31 Dutch Mill Road                      FAX: (607) 257-6355
Ithaca, NY 14850                        URL: http://www.cmold.com
=================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".