Subject: Re: B20: bad support for Mingw?
From: [email-masked] (Scott Herndon)

10 Nov 1998 12:16:06 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

I tried fixing the specs file by prefixing /include/mingw with
"../../../../" as described in an earlier post and it did not work.  What
DID work hower was including the i586-cygwin32 directory in the prefix as
well.  Here is the relevant section from my specs file:
*cpp:
-remap %(cpp_cpu) %{posix:-D_POSIX_SOURCE}
%{!mno-cygwin:-D__CYGWIN32__ -D__CYGWIN__} %{mno-cygwin:-iwithprefixbefore
.../../../../i586-cygwin32/include/mingw32 -D__MINGW32__=0.2}

-scott

>I didn't see anything particularly incorrect.  Anybody else?
>
>Next add a -H to the gcc command so that you can visually see what
>headers are being included.  One of the headers being included has the
>_impure_ptr referenced.  It is undefined because the -mno-cygwin
>switch doesn't include the libcygwin.a library where it would be
>defined.  The headers from include and include/sys will be the ones
>you'll need to be concerned about.  The ones from include/mingw32 or
>include/mingw32/sys will be ok.  _reent is a structure that uses the
>_impure_ptr so if you see it in the header you've also got a problem.
>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".